Zucchini Soup with Milk Recipe2014-02-24
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
1 medium size zucchini
1 medium size potato
2 tablespoons of rice
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of flour
1 cup of milk
2 cups of boiling water/vegetable stock
1) Wash and grate the zucchini. You can peel the zucchini if you like.
2) Peel, wash and grate the potato. Wash and drain the rice.
3) Put the butter in a stainless steel pan and let it melt then add the zucchini and let that saute for a few minutes.
4) After few minutes add the potato, rice and the vegetable stock or water and let that cook on medium heat until the rice is nice and soft. You may want to add extra vegetable stock or water depending on thickness you like. My little boy likes his soups thick so I tend to use less water than needed.
5) In a bowl mix the egg, flour and the milk and add some of the boiling soup to make it lukewarm before adding the milk into the boiling soup. Once the milk mixture is lukewarm then add it to the boiling soup and stir constantly until the soup starts boiling again.
6) Once the soup starts boiling again add the salt and let that boil for a minute or so.