Warm Chocolate Cake2015-12-12
- Course: Dessert
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 8m
- Ready In : 33m
125 grams unsalted butter
1 tablespoon of cocoa
125 grams of chopped chocolate
60 grams of caster sugar
3 small eggs
3 small egg yolks
100 grams of plain flour
1) Preheat the oven to 180C. Thoroughly butter four 200ml soufflé or dariole moulds and dust lightly with cocoa powder. Leave for 5 minutes in a fridge.
2) Melt the measured butter and the chocolate together (bain marie style) in a large heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water (the base of the bowl must not touch the water).
3) In a large bowl, using an electric hand whisk, beat together the sugar, eggs and egg yolks until light and pale.
4) Pour the melted butter and chocolate over the egg mix and then fold in the sifted flour and cocoa with a spoon.
5) Place the individual moulds on a baking sheet. Pour the mixture into the prepared moulds, and bake in a preheated oven for approximately 8 minutes.
6) After 8 minutes take it out of the oven and after a minute, loosen the edges with a knife and carefully turn out the moulds on to the serving plates. The centre should still be soft and saucy.
7) You can serve these with ice-cream, thick cream or crème fraiche.
8) These can be prepared a day before and cooked on the day.