Tomato Soup with Oats Recipe2014-03-09
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
1 Red Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 Carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
1 clove of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
3 medium size tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon of chopped basil
2 tablespoons of flour
3 tablespoons of instant oats
1 tablespoon of ghee/butter
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
700 ml boiling water
1) Wash, peel and roughly chop the red onion, carrot, garlic and the tomatoes. We will blend the soup once cooked.
2) Put the ghee in a non stick pan and let that melt and then add the carrots and saute until the carrot is slightly soft and then add the chopped onion and let that saute for another few minutes before adding the garlic and letting in saute for another minute or so.
3) Add the flour and let that cook for a minute or so and then add the basil, tomato paste and tomatoes and mix well before adding the boiling water.
4) Once you add the water, give it a good stir and let it boil on high heat and then let the soup cook on low heat stirring it occasionally.
5) It should take around 20 minutes to cook. Once the vegetables are nice and tender add the instant oats and let that cook for another 5 minutes or so. If the soup is too thick for your taste then you can add some more boiling water.
6) Add salt and black pepper as desired, blend it and serve.