Tahini Cookies Recipe2014-01-05
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 35m
200 grams of Butter
1 glass of Tahini
1 glass of Granulated Sugar
Flour (it takes around 3 cups)
1 egg yellow
1 packet of vanilla sugar or extract
Pinch of salt
1)Take out the Butter from the fridge at least half an hour before starting to reach room temperature.
2) Preheat the oven to 180 C and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
3) Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well adding little flour at a time. The dough should be soft and crumbly, although, easy to shape. Do not add more flour than 3 cups in the hope of getting a better dough.
4) Whisk the Egg white slightly to reach a consistency that can be used easily.
5) Make walnut sized balls from the dough and press down slightly.
6) Dip the top of the cookie in the egg white first and then the crushed Walnut. Place them on a cookie tray slightly apart and cook in a preheated oven at 180 C until it is light brown on top.
7) It takes around 15 minutes to cook depending on your oven. Once cooked put on a cooling tray and serve once cooked.
8) This cookie taste nice when it is slightly warm too.