Steak Salad Recipe2014-03-24
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 30m
4 medium sized steaks (9oz)
500 grams of mixed salad leaves/baby spinach
1 big red bell pepper/ 2 red Charleston peppers
4 slices of pineapple, remove the core
1 tablespoon of grated ginger
2 tablespoon of soya sauce
2 tablespoons of honey
2 crushed garlic
2 tablespoons of olive oil
4 tablespoons of orange juice
4 tablespoons of lemon juice
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of grated ginger
1 tablespoon of chilli sauce, you can use Tabasco
1 tablespoon of rice vinegar (optional)
1) In a medium size bowl mix in the grated ginger, soya sauce, honey and garlic. Then dip each steak into the sauce making sure it is covered throughout. Marinate the steaks at least 40 minutes before you start making the salad.
2) Wash and remove the seeds of the peppers and cut them into 4 pieces.
3) Wash and dry the salad leaves using either a clean kitchen towel or a salad spinner. Put the salad leaves into a big bowl.
4) Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by adding all the ingredients as listed above in the bowl and mixing it well. Pour the dressing onto the salad leaves and mix well. Portion the salad leaves into four salad bowls.
5) In a big saucepan heat the olive oil and once the olive oil is very hot and smoky then put in the marinated steaks. Flip the steaks 30 seconds later and then cook on that side for at least 3 minutes before you flip them back again to cook them for another 3 minutes on that side. I normally flip the steaks three times only. It takes around 3-6 minutes to cook each side of the steak depending on the thickness.
6) You should add the pineapple and the peppers into the saucepan as soon as you flip the steaks for the first time and cook them together with the steaks.
7) Once the steaks are cooked, slice the steaks, peppers and pineapple into large strips and lay it onto the salad leaves. You can put the pineapple first then the peppers and the steaks on top. Put salt and black pepper as desired. Make sure you don’t put too much salt as the soya sauce is already salted. Drizzle with some olive oil before serving.
Click here for more Salad Recipes.