Spinach with Rice Recipe2014-02-04
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
2 tablespoons of rice
100 grams of lamb mince
1 bunch of spinach
1 small onion
1 small clove of garlic
1 tablespoon of butter/ghee
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of mixed capsicum peppers
1 normal size tomato
1 cup of boiling water
½ teaspoon of cumin
1) Wash the spinach thoroughly (a good method is to put the spinach in salted water, you can add some vinegar too and let that soak for few minutes), dry it using a salad spinner and finely chop it.
2) Peel, wash and finely dice the onion.
3) Finely dice the capsicum peppers. Wash the tomato and either chop finely or grate it. Yu can remove the skin of the tomato to remove the acidity from the food but I prefer to keep for its vitamin contents.
4) Using a non-stick pan, heat the olive oil adding the lamb mince when the olive oil is a little warm and cook the lamb mince for few minutes until the lamb mince turn light brown.
5) Take out the lamb mince and put it in a plate and using the same pan saute the mixed diced capsicum peppers with the butter for couple of minutes then add the onion and saute until the onion is nice and creamy. Add the crushed garlic and let that saute for another minute or so and then add back the cooked lamb mince.
6) Add the washed and drained rice, chopped or grated tomato, cumin and boiling water and let that cook on medium to low heat until rice is slightly cooked.
7) Add the chopped spinach and then let that cook for another 5 minutes.
8) You should add the salt and black pepper once you remove the spinach and rice meal from the cooker.
9) This is not only tasty but great for your little one. Spinach should be consumed within the few hours of cooking it.