Spinach Cake Recipe2014-04-17
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of sunflower oil
1 cup of cooked, blended spinach
2 cups of flour
1 pack of baking powder
1 pack of pudding (I use vanilla pudding but you can use anything you fancy) or whipping cream (I use the ready packed one)
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180C/no fan and grease a round cake tray with butter and sprinkle flour all around it.
2) Wash and chop the spinach leaves. Cool it down. Gently squeeze the water, some water should still stay so make sure you don’t squeeze it very hard. Blend it.
3) Put the eggs in a big bowl together with the sugar and mix it using a whisk until creamy.
4) Add the sunflower oil and mix it using a whisk.
5) Add the cooked, blended spinach and mix it using a whisk.
6) Sieve the flour and baking powder on the cake mixture and fold it in gently with a plastic spatula until all is well combined.
7) Put the cake mixture into the greased cake tray making sure it is all level using the back of the plastic spatula and put it in the pre-heated oven.
8) Cook for 30 minutes. Check whether the cake is cooked using a knife or a toothpick.
1) Once your caked is cooked cut a thin slice from the top making sure your cake stays level. I just remove the top part that is bigger then the rest of the cake. Crumble the bit you cut using your hand.
2) Prepare the pudding or whipping cream as described on the packet. Pour that on top of the cake covering the cake and then sprinkle the cake crumbs on top of the cake.