Soya bread with Sunflower Seeds and Flaxseeds Recipe2014-01-28
- Prep Time : 3:0 h
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 3:45 h
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of soya flour
1 cup of wholewheat flour
1 cup of lukewarm water
1 cup of warm milk
2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
1 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
4 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 packet of instant yeast
1 teaspoon of salt
1) In a large bowl, mix a glass of flour with the lukewarm water and the instant yeast. Cover the bowl with some foil and wait for half an hour. The mixture should have small bubbles on top.
2) Add all the other ingredients (except the sunflower seeds) to the flour, water and instant yeast mixture and knead that until you have a smooth, springy dough. You should knead the dough for at least 15 minutes. If you have a dough mixer then use that. Add the sunflower seeds and make sure it is well combined with the dough.
3) Rub a few drops of olive oil around the dough and cover it with a foil and let that rest for couple of hours in a warm room. The dough should double in size.
4) Prepare a bread baking tray by greasing it with some butter and sprinkle some flour around the tray.
5) Once the dough has doubled in size then shape the dough and put it in the prepared baking tray. Let that rest for round 20 minutes.
6) Pre-heat the oven to 190 C fan and put a small baking tray at the bottom of the oven to heat up. This will be used for you to put cold water in as you put the bread in the oven for baking so that you can steam up your oven. This is necessary to have a nice baked bread.
7) After 20 minutes, the dough should have doubled in size.
8) Prepare a cup of water and as you put the bread in the oven pour some water in the already warm baking tray that was in the oven.
9) Bake the bread until it is nice and golden on top. It takes around 30-45 minutes to bake depending on your oven.