Roast Lamb Leg Recipe2014-02-08
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
1 Small Lamb Leg
6 pieces of garlic
6/7 sprigs of fresh rosemary
4/5 tablespoon of olive oil
Ground Black Pepper
3 cups of water
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180 C/fan.
2) Peel and wash the garlic, crush three pieces of the garlic into a small bowl and wrap the other three garlic with washed rosemary and insert it into separate parts of the leg of lamb.
3) Roughly chop the rest of the washed rosemary and add it to the crushed garlic.
4) Grate one of the lemons and juice both of them. Add both the lemon zest and the lemon juice together with the crushed garlic and rosemary.
5) Into the same bowl add the olive oil, ground black pepper and sea salt. Mix well and rub that sauce all around the leg of lamb.
6) Put the leg of lamb in a big baking tray with 3 cups of water and wrap it in foil and put that in the pre-heated oven.
7) Cook for three to four hours.
8) Once cooked, carve it using a big meat knife and serve with roasted vegetables or potatoes.