Quinoa Pilaf with Vegetables Recipe2014-01-27
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
1/2 glass of quinoa
1/2 glass of long grain rice
1 cup of broccoli
1 tablespoon of butter/ghee
1 and 1/2 cup of water (you can use chicken broth if you like)
Pinch of black pepper
1) Peel the onion and carrot and dice them in small pieces.
2) Wash and dice the broccoli in small pieces and drain any excess water.
3) Wash the rice and quinoa together and drain any excess water.
4) Put the butter into a saucepan and once the butter has melted put the carrots and let that sauté for few minutes. Add the diced onion and let that sauté for couple of minutes then add the broccoli. Let the broccoli sauté for a couple of minutes and then add and sauté for few more minutes the quinoa and rice.
5) Add the water, black pepper, salt and let that cook on low heat until all water is absorbed.