Peggy Porschen’s Marshmallow, Chocolate and Pistachio Mosaic Cake Recipe2014-03-01
- Yield : 18 pieces
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 1:30 h
200 grams of unsalted butter (at room temperature)
600 grams of chopped or grated plain chocolate (at least 53 % cocoa)
6 tablespoons of honey
290 grams of crumbled plain digestive biscuits
75 grams of roughly chopped pistachios
150 grams of ground roasted hazelnuts
90 grams of pink and white marshmallows
1) Cover a baking tray with grease proof or parchment paper.
2) Put the butter, chocolate and honey in a large fire resistant bowl. Put some water in a pot and once water begins to boil put the large bowl that has the butter, chocolate and honey inside on top of the boiling water and stir occasionally until you end up with nice smooth melted chocolate and butter, remove from heat.
3) In a separate bowl, mix together the crumbled digestive biscuits, roasted ground hazelnuts, roughly chopped pistachios and marshmallows and then add this mixture to the melted chocolate mixture and mix using a plastic spatula until everything is combined thoroughly.
4) Pour the cake mixture into the baking tray and make sure it is all even on top using a plastic spatula. Refrigerate the mosaic cake until it is hard and solid. Using a knife cut the mosaic cake into pieces of approximately 2.5 cm in thickness.
5) If you refrigerate the mosaic cake then it will keep its freshness for about a week .
Click here for more Cake Recipes.