Oven Baked Spaghetti Recipe2014-04-29
- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 30m
1 packet of thin spaghetti
2 glasses of yoghurt
1 cup of cooked and drained spinach (optional – you can use more cheese instead)
300 grams of cheese (you can use any cheese or mixture of cheeses)
200 grams of grated cheddar cheese
500 ml milk
35 grams of flour (2/3 tablespoons)
1 tablespoons of butter
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180 C fan.
2) Mix the cheese (I normally use leftover cheese from our breakfasts of the week), eggs, yoghurt and spinach together.
3) Put some water in a saucepan and let that boil. Add the salt and few drops of olive/vegetable oil and add the spaghetti and let that cook until soft.
4) Put the flour and the milk into a stainless steel pan mixing it with a whisk until it is thick. Add the butter and take it off the heat. This is your béchamel sauce.
5) Once the spaghetti is boiled, put half of it in a glass baking tray and then put the cheese filling you had prepared on top of the spaghetti and then put the other half of the spaghetti on top.
6) Pour the béchamel sauce on top of the spaghetti making sure it is covered throughout and then sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese all over it.
7) Cook it in the pre-heated oven until the cheese on top turns golden brown. Serve it hot.
Click here for more Pasta Recipes.