Lemon and Coconut Cookies Recipe2014-02-02
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
200 grams of butter (at room temperature)
110 grams of icing sugar
80 grams of dried flake coconut
2 egg yolks
300-350 grams of flour (the dough should not stick to your hands)
1 packet of baking powder
2 lemon zests
1 large lemon juice
1.5 – 2 cups of dried flake coconut
2 egg whites
1) Add all the ingredients together and make dough that doesn’t stick to your hands.
2) Make round shapes, the size of a hazelnut. It should be in bite sizes.
3) Preheat the oven to 175 C. Ready a baking tray, greasing it with butter or crisco and then sprinkle it with flour.
4) Put the coconut in a small bowl.
5) Mix the egg whites slightly in a small bowl and cover the shaped dough in the egg whites first and then in the coconut.
6) Put the prepared cookies slightly apart on the baking tray and cook them for 10-15 minutes. The colour of the cooked cookies should be beige unlike the usual golden brown colour as they harden if cooked longer.
7) Take them out of the oven and wait for the oven to cool a little and then put the baking tray back in the warm oven so that the cookies dry.