Green Lentil Soup Recipe2014-03-17
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
6 tablespoons of green lentils
3 tablespoons of orzo pasta
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint/dry mint
1 medium onion
1 tablespoon of butter
1.5 litre of boiling water
You can make this soup with minced beef too.
1) Wash the green lentils and orzo pasta in a colander and leave aside so that all the excess water drains out.
2) Peel and wash the onion and finely chop it in cubes.
3) Wash the tomato and grate it.
4) Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the chopped onions and sauté until golden brown but not burnt.
5) Add the green lentils, orzo pasta, grated tomato and a pinch of salt and cumin and mix well.
6) Add boiling water and let the soup boil on high heat and turn down the heat to medium once the soup has boiled, continuing to cook over medium heat. You can add more water if necessary.
7) Once the green lentils are soft, add the fresh or dried mint and cook for another 5 minutes.
8) If you want, you can blend this soup in a food processor to feed your baby.
Note: You can feed this soup to your baby from 8 months onwards.
Green lentils are full of protein and will help with the development of your baby’s cells, nerves and immune system.