Fettuccine Soup Recipe2014-02-25
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
100 grams of fettuccine
50 grams of minced meat
50 grams of colored capsicum peppers
1 clove of crushed garlic
1 small onion
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
Pinch of dried mint
Pinch of dried basil
Pinch of dried thyme
Pinch of cumin powder
1) Peel, wash and finely chop the onion.
2) Wash and finely chop the colored capsicum peppers.
3) Wash, peel and finely chop the tomato.
4) In a non-stick pan cook the meat until it is nice and light brown. Remove the cooked minced meat into a plate and using the same pan, melt the butter and saute the chopped capsicum peppers.
5) Once the colored capsicum peppers are slight soft then add the onion and saute until the onion is caramelized and then add the crushed garlic and saute for another minute or so.
6) Put back the cooked minced meat in the same pan as the onion, add the tomato paste and mix very well to incorporate the tomato paste with the meat mixture then add the fettuccine, breaking it to pieces in your hand, and the chopped tomato together with some boiling water and all the herbs.
7) Cook the fettuccine soup on medium to slow heat for about 15 to 20 minutes until the fettuccine is nice and soft. You can add more water if you end up with thick soup as your soup is cooking.