Fettuccine Pasta Recipe with Pesto Sauce2014-02-27
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 12m
- Ready In : 35m
300 – 350 grams of dried fettuccine pasta (3 rolled pieces per person)
1 large bunch of basil (around 2 cups full)
100 grams of parmesan
20 grams of pecorino cheese (optional)
50 grams of pine nuts
150 ml of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
Put the fettuccine in a hot boiling water with salt and few drops of olive oil and let that cook until soft stirring occasionally. It takes around 12 minutes to cook.
1) The magic of making sure that your basil doesn’t turn black is to use the sharpest knife you have.
2) Wash and dry the basil very well. Leave some for decorating your pasta before serving.
3) Toast the pine nuts on a baking tray at 180 C/fan oven for around 5 minutes until golden brown.
4) Scrape the parmesan and pecorino finely with a scraper or grinder if you don’t have a scraper.
5) Finely chop the basil and the peeled garlic using a very sharp knife and big chopping board and then add and finely chop the toasted pine nuts. Pine nuts will stay in slightly big pieces which is absolutely fine. Mixing the toasted pine nuts with the basil and garlic while chopping.
6) Put the chopped basil, garlic and pine nuts in a large bowl and add the olive oil, parmesan, pecorino, salt and black pepper and mix well.
1) Put a saucepan on low heat and put 2 table spoons of pesto sauce (per serving) when it is nice and warm add the cooked fettuccine taking it out of the water with tongs to make sure there is some water still on the fettuccine and add it directly into the saucepan with the pesto sauce and mix it well and serve with some pesto sauce on top together with fresh basil for decoration.
Click here for more Pasta Recipes.