- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
600 grams of flour
300 grams of butter
250 grams of icing sugar
3 tablespoons of honey
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
2 teaspoons (10 grams) of baking powder
350 grams of sugar
200 ml of milk
60 grams of cocoa
50 ml of rum
500 grams of desiccated coconut
1) Preheat the oven to 180 C/fan and prepare a 25 cm rectangle baking tray greasing it with butter and sprinkle it with flour.
2) Put the butter and sieved icing sugar into a mixing bowl and mix at medium speed until nice and creamy.
3) In another bowl mix the eggs and honey until nice and creamy and then add that mixture into the butter mixture continuing to mix until well combined.
4) Sieve the flour, baking powder and the cinnamon and then add that in three parts into the butter mixture using a plastic spatula.
5) Put the dough into the baking tray and cook in the pre-heated oven for about 30 to 45 minutes. It should be golden brown on top.
6) Slice the cooked biscuit roughly in rectangle shapes (around 1 cm wide, 5 cm long) as soon as you take it out of the oven.
1) You should prepare the chocolate sauce when you put the biscuits in the oven to cook.
2) Sieve the cocoa into a medium size stainless steel pan and add the other ingredients into it and let that boil stirring it constantly. Take it off the heat and let it cool once boiled.
1) Put the desiccated coconut into a medium size bowl.
2) Once the biscuits are warm and the chocolate sauce is cold then take each biscuit and dip it completely into the chocolate sauce and then into the desiccated coconut and then onto a serving tray.