Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe2014-01-05
- Course: Cakes & Cookies
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 30m
150 gram of Salted Butter
80 gram of light Brown Sugar
80 gram of Granulated Sugar
100 gram of Whole Wheat Flour
125 gram of White Flour
200 gram of Chocolate Chips
2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1 large Egg
1/2 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
Pinch of Salt
1) Take out the butter from the fridge at least half an hour before starting to make cookies so that they are at room temperature.
2) Preheat the oven to 190 C Fan Oven. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
3) Slice the butter in small pieces into a bowl, add the sugars and beat until creamy.
4) Add the Vanilla Extract and the Egg. Once well incorporated sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and the salt over the mixture and mix in with a wooden spoon.
5) Add the Chocolate Chips and stir until the chocolate chip are well incorporated.
6) Place small mounds of the mixture well apart on the baking trays using a tablespoon or an ice cream scoop.
7) Bake in the oven for 8–10 mins. It should be light brown on the edges and slightly soft in the center.
8) Once cooked take it out of the oven and leave on the baking tray for a couple of minutes before transferring the cookies on to a cooling rack.