Carrot Cake Recipe2014-01-26
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:5 h
2 glasses of all purpose flour
1 glass of whole wheat flour
1 glass of sunflower oil
1 and 1/2 glasses of sugar
1 glass of crushed walnuts
2 glasses of grated carrots
1 packet of baking powder
1 packet of vanillin sugar
1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
3 tablespoons of flour
50 grams of butter
2 glasses of milk
1/2 glass of sugar
2 packets of vanillin sugar
1) Pre-heat the oven to 190 C non-fan and prepare baking tray by greasing it with butter and sprinkling it with some flour.
2) Beat the eggs and the sugar using a mixer until nice a foamy.
3) Add the sunflower oil and beat it for another minute.
4) Sieve the flour, vanillin sugar, cinnamon and the baking powder and add that to mixture and mix together beating it slowly with the mixture.
5) Add the grated carrots and the crushed walnuts and mix that together using a wooden spoon.
6) Put the carrot cake mixture in the prepared baking tray and put it in the pre-heated oven.
7) It should take around 40-45 minutes to cook depending on your oven.
Cream for Topping
1) Beat the egg and put that in a stainless steel saucepan together with the flour, sugar and milk. Cook this at low heat stirring it constantly until it is nice and thick. Let that cool down before adding the butter and the vanillin sugar.
2) Add the butter and the vanillin sugar to already cool cream and beat that with a mixer for a minute.
Once your cake is cooked and cooled, cover it with the cold cream you have prepared. If you like you can decorate it with some cut and steamed carrots.