- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 0m
100 grams of butter (at room temperature)
200 grams of brown sugar (or palm sugar)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 medium size eggs
300 grams of soft bananas
180 grams of flour
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
60 grams of chopped chocolate
80 grams of walnuts (roasted and chopped)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C fan and butter a baking tray of your choice.
- Mix the butter, sugar and cinnamon with a mixer until it is pale yellow and creamy.
- Break and mix the eggs in a separate bowl. Then start adding the eggs into the butter very slowly. While adding the eggs, make sure you whisk the butter at high speed.
- Mash the bananas and add to the butter mixture. Then add the chocolate and the walnuts.
- Sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda into the mixture and mix it using a spoon.
- Pour the mixture into the buttered baking tray and cook for 35-40 minutes depending on your oven. Insert a toothpick to check your cake for doneness.
- Once cooked leave to cool for a couple of minutes. Then put it on a cooling rack to cool completely.