Alphabet Pasta and Vegetable Soup Recipe2014-03-02
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
125 grams of alphabet pasta
1 medium carrot, chopped in small cubes
½ cup of peas
½ medium red bell/capsicum pepper, chopped in small cubes
75 grams of cauliflower, finely chopped
75 grams of broccoli, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
½ litre of vegetable broth
1 cup of chicken broth
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
1) Boil water adding salt and a few drops of olive oil and add the alphabet pasta into the boiling water and let that cook for about 8-10 minutes.
2) Peel the shallots and finely chop it in small cubes. Sauté the shallots in olive oil until nice and creamy.
3) Put the butter, tomato sauce, peas, finely chopped cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and red peppers and sauté that for another few minutes.
4) Add the vegetable broth and the chicken broth and cook on high heat until it boils and then on low heat for about 25 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
5) Then add the pre- cooked alphabet pasta and cook for another 5 minutes.
6) Add salt, pepper and chopped parsley (depending on your child’s preference) and serve.
You can feed your baby this pasta soup from nine months on wards.
Click here for more Kids Recipes.