- Servings : 9
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 30m
200 gr mascarpone cheese
160 gr lady fingers
200 ml espresso coffee (Nescafe can also be used)
200 ml whipping cream
4 egg yolks
70 grams of caster sugar
1 tablespoon of rum/cognac (optional)
3 gelatin leaves (optional)
1) Whisk together the mascarpone cheese and double cream in an electric mixer until slightly stiff, keep aside.
2) In another bowl add the egg yolks and whisk slowly.
3) Mix the sugar with a small amount of water in a pan, bring to boil and boil it for few minutes.
4) Soak the gelatin leaves in iced water until soft.
5) Drain the gelatin leaves and squeeze out any excess water then add the gelatin leaves to the sugar syrup. Stir gently until the gelatin has dissolved.
6) Add the sugar and gelatin to the egg yolks, whisk using the electric mixer on high speed.
7) Put the egg yolk mixture in a bowl and gently fold in the mascarpone and cream mixture using a spatula.
8) Once everything is combined, place in the fridge to set.
9) Heat up the coffee adding a little bit of water and pour into a shallow bowl or tray together with the rum/cognac and the rest of the water.
10) Soak the lady fingers in the coffee and line a dessert bowl.
11) Spoon the mascarpone mix on top of the lady fingers making sure it is spread evenly.
12) Add another layer of coffee soaked lady fingers on top of the mascarpone. Do not press the ladyfingers, just lay gently on the mascarpone.
13) Finish with a final layer of the mascarpone mix.
14) Keep refrigerated until serving and dust with cocoa powder to serve. Leaving it overnight in a fridge before serving is best.
Click here fore more Cake Recipes.